Transmission Pro in Marietta, Georgia
Stay Safe on The Road
As a Transmission Pro shop, we know ignoring problems in your vehicle can lead to costly issues and dangerous situations in Atlanta.
In addition to keeping you and your passengers safe, having a reliable source of transportation is more than necessary in today’s demanding world. If your vehicle is experiencing any of these signs, you do not want to ignore them.
Always check for oil leaks in your vehicle, leaking oil is always hazardous to a hot engine. Any loud noises from your exhaust or an overheated engine can be indications of a potential fire. Occasional extreme fluctuations in your engine temperature can also be a sign.
Make sure you bring your vehicle to Transmission Pro specialist in the Atlanta area for regular check-ups to avoid potential engine fires.
There are plenty of obstacles and scenarios in which an Atlanta driver can lose control, lessen your chances by maintaining these few things in your vehicle.
1. The timing belt is a simple and essential function in your vehicle’s engine; when a timing belt snaps from wear and tear, automobiles come to an immediate stop. If you notice tearing or are adviced by a Transmission Pro, make sure to replace your timing belt promptly.
2. Tires are vital to the safety of any vehicle. “National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported over 738 tire-related fatalities in 2017.”. A blowout on a major highway or road has the potential to be life-threatening for you and other drivers. Make sure to have your tires checked by a Transmission Pro in Atlanta.
3. We don’t have to tell you how important breaks are. We do, however, often remind our clients that brakes wear down over time. When this begins, your vehicle will give you plenty of warning.
High pitched squealing tends to mean you brake pads are wearing thin. If you wait too long and your brakes begin to grind you will probably need to replace the brake rotors as well.
“The NHTSA suggests that defective brakes cause 22% of accidents.”. Stay safe on the road and have your vehicle maintained regularly.
Go Over A Vehicle Safety Checklist
Make sure you perform these basic safety checks before you go on a road trip.
- Lights– Headlights, brake lights, turn signals, emergency flashers, interior lights, and trailer lights. Make sure all the lights on your vehicle are in working order.
- Wiper Blades– Wear and tear on both sides. After the heavy toll imposed by winter storms and spring rains, windshield wiper blades may need to be replaced.
- Fluid Level– Oil, brake, transmission, power steering, and windshield washer fluids. Check your vehicle’s oil level periodically.
- Cooling System– Coolant level and servicing. The radiator in your vehicle needs water and antifreeze (coolant) to keep your engine functioning properly.
- Air Conditioning- Lack of air conditioning on a hot summer day affects people who are in poor health or who are sensitive to heat, such as children and older adults.
- Belts and Hoses– Condition and fittings. Look under the hood and inspect all belts and hoses to make sure there are no signs of bulges, blisters, cracks, or cuts in the rubber.
Your Atlanta Area Transmission Pro
Listen to your local Transmission Pro, putting off any necessary repairs is costly and dangerous. Whether it has been a while since you’ve had maintenance or your vehicle has a definite issue, always make sure to have your vehicle checked by your local Atlanta area experts.