Why Should I Have A Transmission Service
What is a Transmission Service?
Transmission service is a very important part of maintaining the integrity of your automatic transmission. Transmission fluid helps cool and lubricate your vehicle’s transmission’s internal parts. The transmission transfers power from the engine to the wheels of the car. An automatic transmission shifts the car into different gears depending on the speed that you are driving. In an automatic transmission car, the transmission has an oil pan that contains the transmission fluid and fluid filter.
What are some common symptoms your car needs a transmission service?
Vehicle has a hard time running
- Vehicle stalls when going up or down a steep incline
- Check Engine Light is on
- Transmission makes noise
Problems that may arise from missing a transmission service
- Trouble Shifting Gears: The clutch pedal will not push down or drops to the floor when pushed. Gears cannot be changed or the gearshift suddenly will not move.
- Transmission seems to be slipping: A common symptom would be if you move the selector for your automatic transmission to “Drive” and the engine seems to be racing ahead (high RPM) faster than your transmission.
- Transmission fluid leaking: If you see low fluid levels, you may have a leak
- Vehicle is inoperative: It could be your transmissions or something else; our experts at Crown Transmissions in Atlanta will be able to diagnose the problem. Schedule Today!
- Noise in the transmission: Normally transmissions are virtually noise-free, if you hear noise coming from your transmission, it may indicate that transmission parts are contacting each other abnormally.
- Check engine light is on: It could be your transmissions or something else; our experts will be able to diagnose the problem.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, the first thing is to have your transmission serviced. A transmission service will ensure that your transmission is operating at its peak performance.