How to protect against getting overcharged by Transmission shops!
CROWN TRANSMISSIONS UNDERSTAND THE CONSUMERS PERSPECTIVE AND CONCERNS!
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT TRANSMISSION REPAIR SHOP AND PROTECT YOURSELF FROM GETTING OVERCHARGED?
Automatic transmission repairs are expensive; some can easily cost $2000 or more. So it’s more important than ever to find a shop that will provide quality repairs at a fair price. Here are a few ways you can avoid getting cheated when searching for a transmission repair shop:
1. Get Recommendations — Ask friends and family to recommend a shop where they were treated well and were happy with their work.
2. Look for a Professional Appearance — A clean, organized shop indicates a professional attitude. And that usually carries over into all phases of the business… including their repairs and job pricing.
3. Avoid Phone Estimates — Today it’s virtually impossible to give an accurate estimate over the phone. Any shop that will give you a price before they see the car is probably low-balling you. Expect the price to go up considerably before the job is finished.
4. Ask for a Detailed, Written Estimate — After checking your car thoroughly, the repair center should have a fairly good idea of what’s wrong with your car. They should be able to provide a written estimate that specifies what’s wrong, and what it’ll cost to repair it.
5. Look for Membership in Consumer Organizations — Most reputable shops are members of an organization or association that provides consumer arbitration in the event of a dispute, such as the Better Business Bureau or AAA. ATRA provides this service to its members.
CROWN TRANSMISSIONS IS CURRENTLY A MEMBER OF ATRA