General Service and Repair at Crown Transmissions
Did you know that Crown Transmissions does far more than focus on inspecting, repairing, and replacing your vehicle transmission? Crown Transmissions also specializes in auto repair and auto maintenance – providing top notch general service that will guarantee a smoothly running vehicle.
Unsure of when your vehicle needs regularly scheduled general service? We can help. Follow the chart below. It describes the basic service needs of most new vehicles.
(1) Every three thousand to seven thousand miles, the oil and oil filter should be replaced according to the manufacturer’s recommended general service schedule. A majority of manufacturer’s suggest that your oil and oil filter should be replaced well before seven thousand miles, so be sure to check often. As you change the oil, you should also inspect the transmission fluid level, coolant, power steering fluid, windshield washer fluid and wipers, tires, and all exterior lights.
(2) Every fifteen thousand to thirty thousand miles, your brake pads should be inspected. Your air filter should also be replaced.
(3) Every twenty thousand miles, your battery and coolant should be inspected. Most twenty-five thousand mile general service providers will suggest replacing the fuel filter at this time.
(4) Every thirty thousand miles, you should inspect, service, and clean the fuel system. You should also replace the air filter and power steering fluid. Inspect the radiator hoses, HVAC system, coolant, brake pads, and suspension components. For the most part, you should have a general service provider check your basic levels (coolant, power steering fluid, tires, wipers, etc.) each time you visit for an oil change. This is the easiest way to maintain your vehicle properly.
(5) Every thirty-five thousand to fifty thousand miles, inspect the spark plugs and wires, as well as the suspension and ignition system. These checks are also recommended at forty-five thousand and fifty-five thousand miles.
(6) At sixty thousand miles, you should have every aspect of your vehicle inspected – including brake pads and fluid, the HVAC system, suspension components, tires, and timing belt.
Fortunately for our locals, we provide all of these services as Crown Transmissions. If you make us your regular general service provider, we will keep your vehicle in top notch condition for years to come.
For more information about our company, please visit our official website. There, you can read our reviews, view our specials, explore our blog, contact us to schedule an appointment, or read more about us.
We look forward to seeing you soon!