Speak With A Live Tech 7 Days A Week & After Hours!
Free Multi-Check Diagnostics!
Free Towing with all Auto Repairs within 35 Miles!
CROWN TRANSMISSIONS IN ATLANTA IS A PROUD MEMBER OF ATRA.
ASSOCIATION REBUILDING STANDARDS: Transmission Service
No member or person or firm shall represent that any reprocessed automatic transmission service has been “rebuilt, according to ATRA specifications:, unless such transmission has been reprocessed in the following manner; and members further agree to extend nationwide, inter-shop warranty coverage only on such transmissions as have been reprocessed in the following manner:
- All internal and external parts shall be dismantled and thoroughly cleaned and inspected, including the case and bell housing.
- The following parts shall be replaced with new, each time; all lined friction clutch plates; all gaskets and rubber parts; metal sealing rings as are used in rotating applications; disposable type filters.
- All bands as are used in dynamic applications shall be replaced with new or re-lined bands, each time.
- The valve body shall be thoroughly cleaned and inspected; all dirt and varnish and foreign substances removed; all non-serviceable parts replaced, and new gaskets installed where applicable.
- The torque converter shall be considered to be a part of the transmission; and any torque converter which is installed along with a rebuilt transmission shall be internally cleaned and inspected for wear; externally checked for leaks, cracks, weld failure and hub wear; and starter ring gear wear, where applicable. Any converter which is judged as not capable of delivering new converter performance and life shall be replaced with a new or rebuilt converter. Any converter which is installed along with a rebuilt transmission main body shall be guaranteed by the member along with the rest of the transmission.
- Any and all other impaired, defective, or substantially worn parts which are not mentioned above, but which would not be expected to deliver new part performance, shall be restored to a sound condition, or replaced with new, rebuilt, or unimpaired used parts.